Junior Fishing Rodeo
Saturday May 16, 2020
Each spring, Agricenter hosts the annual Junior Fishing Rodeo at Catch’em Lakes where catfish are plentiful. The lake is fully stocked with catfish and children ages 5-13 participate for prizes in categories of size and number of catfish. Over 100 youth participate and get to experience this recreation sometime for the first time.
7:00 am- Registration
7:30 am - 9:00 am - Fishing
9:00 am - 10:00 am - Measuring and prizes
RAIN OR SHINE!
Location: At Agricenter's Catch'em Lakes near the intersection of Farm Road and Walnut Grove Road.
Please note: One age group (5-13 years) will be eligible to participate.
Registration will begin at 7:00 am. The fishing will be from 7:30-9:00 am, with measuring fish and awards from 9:00-10:00 am
1. Participants must provide their own tackle for the event. Bait will be available for sale the day of the rodeo or bring your own (no live minnows). This is a catfish rodeo. No other fish will be considered for prizes.
2. Participants (children) must reel in their own catch. Parents or guardians can cast and hold the pole but cannot reel in the fish. Only 3 rods can be brought into the rodeo per registered participant . A participant may have only one fishing line in the water at a time and only one hook per line.
3. Prizes to be awarded for the first catfish caught, the largest catfish caught and the largest number of catfish caught. To break any ties, weight will be considered (all judge decisions are final). Participants must work as individuals. Blending of catfish with other participants will not be permitted and participants may only win in one category.
4. Participants and each family member or other person accompanying a participant enter at their own risk. Neither the rodeo, volunteers, sponsors, nor Agricenter staff shall be held liable for any loss, damage, harm or injury to any participant, or any family member or other person accompanying a participant, resulting from participation in the Fishing Rodeo or the use of the facilities and property.
5. Registration forms and the $10.00 contribution to the Agricenter Educational fund are appreciated at the registration time for the appropriate age group.
Rodeo will be held rain or shine, but may be delayed because of lightning.